[sword-devel] OSIS Web tool - Strong's numbers

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:10:08 -0600

Troy,

 If I remember correctly, from when we looked at this before, we had two
options.

Option 1. Use the title attribute to display a tool-tip like pop-up.

Limitations:
- limited to one line of text. no line breaks or formatting
- limited to a set number of characters. I think this was different for
different browsers.
- Unsure about non-Latin character support.

Option 2. Place the definition inside a span, inside the anchor and hide it
with the CSS, only displaying it when the mouse is hovered over the link.

This is cooler, but a little more tricky. You can see something similar
here:
http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/popups/demo.html

How difficult would it be for you to generate a passage for me marked up
like option 2 above, so that I can toy with the CSS and try to come up with
something workable?

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org