[sword-devel] OSIS Web tool - Strong's numbers

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:23:18 +0500 (YEKT)

On 27-Oct-2003 Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>       I added a basic Strong's and Morph toggle to the passagestudy.jsp.
I'd
> like to actually make it valuable by adding hover popups and make the
> link jump to someplace useful.  Any ideas?  I think Don posted a

Strong obviously should go to a lex entry. It can display Greek word in
popup (dependingly on Web browser etc.)

Morph should popup entries from Robinson/Packard. (It work well e.g. in
Mozilla only when all '\n' in an entry are replaced by ' '.) Sadly with
current Wb technology (not going to Java or like) it cannot be done really
goo looking.

> standard way to do popups without javascript.  Will this work with

In HTML4 this typically produces a popup:

> unicode data?  I did a mockup a while back with javascript that does

Unicode should work by standard but often doesn't work in practice with
browser tooltips.

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com; http://ex-code.com)