[sword-devel] Errors attempting CBuilder6/BibleCS/swordprj.bpg

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:21:23 -0600

This sword/cbuilder6 newbie attempted to rebuild the BibleCS sword.exe using
the instructions provided by Troy on 2003-Jul-13 from the Twiki page
TWike>Swordwin>GettingStarted.

The CBuilder6 compiler ground away for some time, processing various .bpr's
referenced by the .bpg. Finally, it attempted to put the whole thing
together, and failed with 4 errors :-(

The message window complained about references from swordlib6icu.lib to
swsearchable.obj

Is this a known problem with a workaround? Are the instructions "stale"?

Does internationalism work with windoze?

Have the instructions changed regarding the placement of swicu20.dll in
sword/apps/windoze/CBuilder6/BibleCS/stage

(I suppose this is moot since it the .lib that is complaining. The .dll
isn't an issue until run time, I believe)

I looked at the .bpr for building libsword6icu.lib. To this uninformed
newbie, it seemed to be missing any reference to swsearchable.obj. I
attempted to add this reference, but the 4 errors still showed up. :-(

I'm encountering semi-similar errors trying to rebuild diatheke with icu,
and ActiveDiatheke with icu, using VisualStudio98. It seems to build fine
with ICU left out.

Is there a .bpr for sword.exe that doesn't reference ICU functionality?

Thanks for any assistance.
Lynn Allan