[sword-devel] OSIS Web tool

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:26:37 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joachim Ansorg" <junkmail@joachim.ansorgs.de>>
> I worked a bit on Unicde formatting. Since I don't know of any possibility
in
> CSS to format depending on encoding I wrapped unicode encoded text in
> parallelstudy and passagestudy now with <span class="unicode"> </span> so
we
> can set the right font-family and -size. I inserted it at the end of the
CSS
> file.

I have not worked with Unicode in web pages much so I admit my ignorance.
Chris investigated this a while back and I thought he had added the document
encoding in the meta tag. But I don't see it now.

> I also used the W3W CSS validator on the CSS file and fixed some minor
> (spelling-)errors. I hope it's still right.

Thanks. I'm the worlds worst speller. But I think I inadvertently over wrote
any changes you made. I did a CVS Update and then I made my new changes to
the CSS. After that, I noticed your Unicode stuff was not at the bottom of
the file I was working on. so I'm guessing your other changes are not there
either. Apparently, I don't have the hang of this CVS thing yet. I did
notice a few mistakes in my CSS on my own and changed them. Maybe I caught
them all.

I did the CSS for the paralleldisplay. The only small thing I noticed was in
the navigation. We need to take the reference out of the   <ul
class="booknav"> or include it in a <li></li> I don't think it is necessary
there since it is right above in the <h2></h2>

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org