[sword-devel] Transliteration

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 18:53:00 +0200

> So, my thought is to separate the single transliterator option we
> currently have into script-specific options, e.g. one for Greek, one for
> Hebrew, one for Gothic, etc.
>
> Does that sound good or bad or does anyone have a better idea?

I'm not sure I understand your proposal correctly. One for every source or
target script?
One for every source script would enable us to only offer the transliterators
which support a module's text, but would result in a multitude of
transliteration filters.
One for every target scripts would avoid that, as there would only be few
filters. Maybe the filters could have a function to ask them which source
scripts they support?

Martin