[sword-devel] sword-devel@crosswire.org

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:37:13 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C3B2A9.369DBC30

Keith's suggestion seems like the way to go. Based on my walk-through of =
their current procedure, I can imagine that someone who isn't =
particularly computer literate (and not a native English speaker) could =
have lots of trouble getting it installed.  Seems like all they are =
asking for is a simpler installation routine and "plug-in" setup.  It =
seems pretty slick once it is installed and working.

I'm a VBA newbie, but I can image that having a ReadMe.doc with an =
embedded on-load macro would work. It could bind the .dot and accomplish =
the specific option settings. Famous last words perhaps, but for a =
person with reasonable VBA skills, it should be a piece of cake. An hour =
or so? Half-day?

>> If this request is still existing in a couple of weeks, I can help =
out after
>> my semester finishes - December 6.  I have the dubious pleasure of =
being
>> familiar with the entire Office Object model and VBA as well.  =
(Mother
>> always told me I should have stuck with C.)  I will download their =
stuff and
>> have a look at it in the interim.
>> Keith

------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C3B2A9.369DBC30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Keith's suggestion seems like the way =
to go. Based=20
on my&nbsp;walk-through of their current procedure, I can imagine that =
someone=20
who isn't particularly computer literate (and not a native English =
speaker)=20
could have lots of trouble getting it installed.&nbsp; Seems like all =
they are=20
asking for is a simpler installation routine and "plug-in" setup.&nbsp; =
It seems=20
pretty slick once it is installed and working.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm a VBA newbie, but I can image that =
having a=20
ReadMe.doc with an embedded on-load macro would work. It could bind the =
.dot and=20
accomplish the specific option settings. Famous last words perhaps, but =
for a=20
person with reasonable VBA skills, it should be a piece of cake. An hour =
or so?=20
Half-day?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt;&gt; If this request is still =
existing in a=20
couple of weeks, I can help out after<BR>&gt;&gt; my semester finishes - =

December 6.&nbsp; I have the dubious pleasure of being<BR>&gt;&gt; =
familiar with=20
the entire Office Object model and VBA as well.&nbsp; =
(Mother<BR>&gt;&gt; always=20
told me I should have stuck with C.)&nbsp; I will download their stuff=20
and<BR>&gt;&gt; have a look at it in the interim.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>&gt;&gt;=20
Keith<BR><BR></FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C3B2A9.369DBC30--