[sword-devel] RSV Module Error, and module making

Tim Meneely sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:24:06 -0500

I grow discouraged.

First of all, I have yet to succeed in making a module; see my post from last
Thursday, subject "Trying to make my first module".  All the examples I can
find are compressed, but before one can compress a module one must have a
working non-compressed version, right?  I get blank text.

Second, I found problems with the text while reading from the RSV downloaded
from from Crosswire.  The quoting in the poetry of Job 2x was looking strange
(but readable), but then I got to Job 19:28.  In the Sword module this says:

Job 18: 28 If you say, `e him!' and, `s found in him';

when it should say:

Job 18:28 If you say, 'How we will pursue him!'
and, 'The root of the matter is found in him';

So, now my confidence in that module is shaken.

Is there somewhere other than the developer's list more appropriate to ask
these module questions?

Thanks,
Tim Meneely
Pittsburgh PA USA