[sword-devel] Re: HELP WANTED -- OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:33:04 -0700

I might be able to help with some of this project, perhaps most. I've got
reasonable experience with the NSIS 1.98 freeware installer (part of
WinAmp). That would simplify getting the download to a reasonable place on
the end-users drive. It adds very little "bulk" to the 580kb ee230.zip,
usually less than 50kb.

>From there, it might be possible to use something like WinScriptHost 5.6 to
automate the keystrokes to get the pieces "knitted" together. I've done a
little of that, maybe enough. VBA would probably be better?  A person
familiar with the Word object model could probably automate all/most of the
settings pretty easily.