[sword-devel] Re: Software for EasyEnglish Bible Commentaries

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:42:15 -0700

John,
	Thank you for considering working together with us for our Lord.  I
really enjoy the hearts of the people I've met who are involved with
Wycliffe.

	I bet we can get something working solid for you.  Not sure if David
Landin explained what CrossWire is all about, but briefly, we're a place
where engineers can come and volunteer their time freely for projects
geared toward spreading the Great News of our Lord.

	Your idea about giving us a first hand experience of the current
situation sounds wise!  Personally, I haven't used Visual Basic or VBA
for years!  But I'm sure many of our developers are up to speed in this
area.  If you want to send the material to me, I will get it into the
hands of capable engineers and we'll give you our prognosis and then we
can go from there.

	Also, not sure if you've seen our latest work, but we have been working
on an addition to our free software for the ABS and the SBL hopefully in
time for the SBL meeting next week.  You can see a preview at:

	http://www.crosswire.org/sword/biblenew/

	This web interface to our software engine is easily installed on most
any server and dynamically serves any installed books that it finds.  If
you'd like to consider making your commentaries available in the OSIS
format, you'd be able to take advantage of this tool and the many other
software products that you can see on our home page at:

	http://www.crosswire.org/

	Anyway we can help, it's our pleasure to serve you in your endeavours
for our Lord.  That's why we're here.

	In Christ,
		-Troy A. Griffitts.