Betr.: Re: [sword-devel] Compiling sword API 1.5.6 on OpenBSD 3.4

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:43:20 +0000

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 10:37, M. Ruff wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reaction Daniel,
>
> The reason I thought I needed Makefile.cfg and Makefile.post was that
> the moment I did a 'make'  (after a ./configure), make complained it
> missed these two files.

Hmmm, I'm still curious about why it is looking for these. Where are you
running make from? There are a couple of makefiles lying around in obj/
bindings/ and apps/X11/micros that refer to Makefile.post and we need to
clear these up.

> But okay, I'll try doing it with gmake or automake. Only the version of
> automake distributed with OpenBSD 3.4 is too old to be used with sword.

With the released 1.5.6 you don't need automake, you just run configure
(it's only CVS where you need automake).

> The two header's missing are included in
>
> {root}/src/utilfuns/zlib/untgz.c
>
> #ifdef unix# include <unistd.h>#else# include <direct.h>           //
> This one is missing# include <io.h>                 // This one is also
> missing#endif
> Seems pretty basic, but now I read this, it's probably the that 'unix'
> isn't defined. I wonder why...

curious. It might be because it is defined in the makefile that is
generated by configure which you don't appear to be using.
Make sure you run make from the same directory as you run configure.

If that doesn't work could you send the the makefile that has the
problem directly to me (not to list).

> I hope I've helped you somewhat further with this.

Yes :)

Regards,
Daniel