[sword-devel] Re: [sword-devel]polish bible valid against CoreOsis 2.0

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 09 Nov 2003 15:38:14 -0600

I couldn't read your version with osisIDs (corrupt ZIP), so these
comments relate to the version Ingo has posted.

To illustrate some problems that show why you should wait for the manual:

- The osis element does not reference the public, reference version of
the schema.  The manual will describe an OSIS minimal document (or you
could have just copied the one I posted yesterday) that will show how
the osis element should look.
- "defaultReferenceScheme" is opaque and non-descriptive.
- The value in the <identifier type="OSIS"> element is definitely NOT
conformant with the standard OSIS identifier scheme that the manual will
describe.
- There is no <language type="IETF"> element for interoperability.
(Also, ISO language codes are should be lowercase, and "pl" wouldn't be
a 639-2 code anyway.  This probably won't be addressed in the manual
because we make the assumption that people will actually follow the
standards the claim to be following.)
- None of the elements in the header indicate a use value, including the
two ambiguous date values.  This is a new feature of OSIS 2.0, so I
probably wouldn't expect you to know about this without reading the manual.

The content of the document is pretty straightforward, so it's
fine--though you don't need the top-level <div> element.  There are
probably 20 or so OSIS 2.0 documents already completed that conform to
the schema, but I suspect most of us who have produced them are waiting
for the best practice issues to be finalized through the writing of the
manual.

--Chris