[sword-devel] NET Bible Beta 2

Michael Hamblin sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 13:59:16 -0600 (CST)

Hi folks,

I was able to see a *preview* edition of the NET Bible: Second Beta
Edition today, as the first case *just* came in. It is *not* yet ready
for sale, so don't expect to be able to order it yet. The new version
is slightly smaller despite the addition of 3,000 more footnotes (over
60,000 now) mostly due to a reduction of the size of the typeface used
for the Biblical text. Also there has been a great deal of
standardization work done throughout the text. Full color maps and
sattellite photots are in the back printed on beautiful glossy paper.

If there is still interest in developing NET Modules for the SWORD
project, please email permissions@bible.org, and copy me on the
message so I can make double-sure that it is recieved.

Some very exciting developments are happening with the NET Bible, and
I'm sure that those will be announced very shortly.

Thanks again all,

---
Michael Hamblin              Electrical Engineering Technical Support
michaelh@utdallas.edu        Phone : 972-883-2997  Fax : 972-883-2813
http://www.michaelh.com/     2601 N. Floyd Road; Richardson, TX 75083
michaelh@ductape.net         Office: ECS North 4.302