[sword-devel] OSIS Web tool - Strong's numbers

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:39:00 -0600

Troy,

I have been thinking about the Strongs numbers and the lexicon entries. What
if we did it just like you have it now, but instead of placing the
definition in the right column, place it under the current verse. For
example:

Here is a static page I did for demo:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/biblenew/delbourne/passagestudy.htm

What do ya' think?

I think this would be much more user friendly. When the user clicks on the
number, the definition would appear immediately under the verse and
therefore no need to scroll to the top of the page, if the current verse
happens to be at the bottom of the screen.

I've already included the CSS for it, if you decide to implement it.

Also, if the current version does not have Strongs numbers, the user may get
confused with the "Show/Hide Strongs numbers" link. Perhaps the Show
Strongs" link could reveal a blurb in that case that reads something
like"this translation does not include Strongs number information," or
something like that.

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org