[sword-devel] OSIS Web Interface

Dan Adams sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 18:36:34 -0700

Thanks for the information. I will look into it and see how it can work for
what I have. The GET requests are the same thing I am using with diatheke.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org
[mailto:sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Chris Little
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 6:34 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] OSIS Web Interface

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Dan Adams wrote:

> In the interface that is being made, is it in plans to develop a way
> to use it to display scripture from a PHP script? I realize it may be
> early to ask this, but I still feel it is a valid question.

Nothing PHP-specific is being done and I know nothing about PHP, so either
someone else will have to answer more specifically or you can judge from
this other info:
The interface can use GET requests to request a specific verse in a
specific work (so you can formulate links to the interface from an outside
site).
It's all built on CORBA, so you can interface that directly to re-write
the interface if PHP can interface CORBA (which I assume it can somehow).

--Chris