[sword-devel] Diaspora update for PalmBible+

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 10:38:13 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Andrew Craig wrote:

> Yih-Chun Hu has built in foot note support which relies on the fact that
> any text contained in {} can be revealed/hidden with a keystroke. This
> would be valuable for footnotes and also Strongs numbers etc. Diaspora
> currently outputs footnotes and Strongs numbers with a combination of ()
> and <>. It would be nice if Diaspora could be updated to output PBR with
> {} when footnotes or Strongs options are selected.

There is an update to Diaspora in progress, but in all likelihood PBR and
OLB formats will be dropped.  I will probably drop the PBR format because
it's not a standard part of Sword, so it is extra work to maintain.  (And
I'll be dropping OLB because I don't desire any longer to provide any
assistance to that project.)  But OSIS support will be added.

What I would really suggest is writing an OSIS to PBR format XSLT.  The
current release of mod2osis can be used for this, so there's no need to
wait for Diaspora to support OSIS.  (And mod2osis is command-line, so it
works fine for you Linux & MacOSX users.)

If you're still interested in getting the source code to Diaspora, it is
in the sword-tools CVS module on crosswire.org.

--Chris