[sword-devel] An apology ......

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 06 May 2003 11:55:38 +0100

Dear Dr. Hermanson ......

May I apologise on behalf of the Sword Project for a message sent you by
Johan Kok.  His attitude does not reflect the policy of the Sword Project
and should be disregarded.  Please accept my personal apology for any
offense caused.  I have written to him as follows:

On 6 May 2003 at 9:00, Johan Kok wrote:
> GOD gave his word for free. No man or organisation has the right to keep it
> from His people with copyright laws, thus you are defeating the object of
> your society by blocking the free distribution of His word.

I'm sorry but this kind of comment - whatever we may think privately - is
NOT helpful to the Sword programme.  It has the opposite effect to opening
doors, and means that when we later make approaches to copyright holders
who have been bombarded with this kind of thing, we are not listened to at
all.  Please, please keep this kind of thinking to yourselves or if you
must, to the list!

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed
church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church
homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com