[sword-devel] The Message

Simon sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 3 May 2003 22:01:13 +0200

> I'd say go for it.  There is at least one person currently trying to
> negotiate for use of the Message.

Great! I really hope they'll grant permission to the Sword Project!
Please pray for it!

> I have the text here - but
> when I looked at it, it required more work than I was able to find
time for
> to make a  module.  The main problem is the number of verses in each
> block - and the general layout.  It will need to make heavy use of
'linking'.
>  Send me a copy if you get a module out from it.

I have an easy-to-convert file-format for it, everything's like this:

1;1;1;1;" First this: God created the Heavens and Earth--all you see,
all you don't see. "
2;1;1;2;" Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an
inky blackness. God's Spirit brooded like a bird above the watery abyss.
"
3;1;1;3;" God spoke: ""Light!"" And light appeared. "

The first number is to be ignored, the 2nd number is biblebook, 3rd
number chapter, 4rd number verse.

I think it's very easy to convert to vpl-format, the only problem is the
lack of free time to write a conversion script for it.

But, in around 3 to 4 weeks, a project I'm working on is finished, so
I'll have plenty of time then.

Simon