[sword-devel] Re: commending your work for use by blind people

by way of "Kahunapule Michael P. Johnson" <mpj@eBible.org> sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 01 May 2003 13:46:37 +1000

Hi Brother Johnson,

Thanks for the response.  I will go to the site and try the mp3 files.
Keep in mind that blind people also use the computer as sighted people
meaning that we use the text information, searching, word processing,
etc.  It's just that we need to use special software to communicate to us
what is one the screen.  The program does not just read screen by screen,
but rather it is designed for us to read information and make settings
choices as a sighted person would make.  Programmers can make decisions
going in that make the program more useable.  Keep in mind that we need
to both have the flexibility to work with text and study material just as
sighted people do, but we also use the Bible on computer for primary
reading.  We may want to read chapter by chapter, or a verse here and a
verse there.  I know it may be a bit hard to understand
without having used the computer in that fashion.  I would be happy to
communicate with your developers if you would be interested.  Once again,
I think you are doing a great work.
Tim