[sword-devel] SWORD Project with WBS

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:21:19 -0700

Hi Christian,

>Once we get it to work, we will need some help with the locale
>translation. There has been some critique that some of the
>translations are not appropriate.
[Our team in Asia will be able to help on the translation.]

[We have 2 computers with Chinese Win2K. I will install and run the SWORD
later.]

[The 4th character (left-to-right) in Genesis 1:1 is one of the "smaller"
font. If you select the character and right-click with "Dictionary Lookup',
you will see a '?' in the lower-right window. I can make the software to
generate a "Abnormal program termination' message only about 30% of the
time. I am still trying to identify a procedure that will generate consistent
result.]

>It would be good to know which version of windows you are working on
>for this one.
[I am running in English XP Professional.]

>Lastly, let me also say that I am quite excited myself to have the NCV
>available in Sword. I'm a learner of Chinese and appreciate having a
>more modern translation (although my Chinese is not that good yet that
>it makes much of a difference :)). Thank-you for the cooperation!
[Yes, we are excited to bring the modern Chinese Bible to the public!]