[sword-devel] Copyright problem?

Simon sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:10:34 +0200

John Gills Expositor is surely changed, John Gill had some
hyper-calvinistic ideas that are missing/changed in the Larry Pierce
version (I don't have a copy of the original Gills expositor here, so I
can't give examples).

Also, there is some info added to the expositor (some small
modifications, like an extra book-references, for example check Genesis
1:2

In Avibus. g Ian Taylor, p. 363, 364, "In the Minds of Men", 1984, TEF
Publishing,     P.O. Box 5015, Stn. F, Toronto, Canada.

Very unlikely that John Gill, who died somewhere in 1600 or 1700, could
reference to a book in 1984...)

But, my question was not about Gills Expositor (which is locked), but
about Matthew Poole's. But Chris was right by saying that only some
spelling is changed (I bought myself a printed copy, and compared, but
even the spelling changes are very few).

And, if you meant that Larry maybe did remove some Calvinistic out of
Pooles commentary, I think that's not very likely, for Poole was a very
moderate Calvinist...

Greetz,

Simon