[sword-devel] Scripture references

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:24:30 +0100

Simon,

>Is there a tool which search in a text for scripture references, and
>place tags around them? I have some texts here (mainly Dutch texts), but
>placing tags around all scripture-references takes lots of time...

I like to use Perl scripts for this. Perl makes it easy to perform
such transformations on the text by way of "regular expressions".

If you are not familiar with perl, you might try to find an editor
that has support for "regular expressions". I am aware of BBEdit (MacOS)
and Proton (Windows, but _mighty_ slow for texts > 100K), but Google
might know more about this.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"If the Creator really did write himself into his own story, that's
what we ought to expect to see. Creative solutions. And this
creativity is intended to be transitive. We are expected to be
creative. And we're expected to help others be creative."  -- Larry Wall