[sword-devel] What do I need to write a module

Leon Brooks sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:16:12 +0800

On Monday 10 March 2003 02:22 pm, garymck3@netzero.com wrote:
> What software is needed?
> How do I get it?
> Can it be purchased via US mail.

> I run a Win32 system and use Microsoft products in development.

> C++ for Windows

> running windows 98.

That needn't be a handicap. CygWin and a cross-compiler version of GCC will
allow you to develop both Windows and Unix software on your Windows box
without any Windows development tools. CygWin has a `1-click' installer and
gives you acess to many neato text-procssing tools that have not been ported
to Windows proper:

    http://www.cygwin.com/

It's a pity that the Qt system is pay-for on Windows, else I'd strongly
recommend having a play with KDevelop and QtDesigner.

Cheers; Leon