[sword-devel] release schedule

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:00:59 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Martin Gruner wrote:

> Er, well, why not just test/fix SWBuf now and keep OSIS for the next sword
> release? That way we could concentrate on the testing stuff now and prepare
> the next release soon, with better OSIS support? Wasn't it the plan to switch
> to OSIS internally as the general format? Once this is done we'll change BT
> to just use one OSISHTML filter.

We need to coordinate the releases so that all our users don't have to
upgrade all of their modules just because they upgrade to a newer version,
so ThML & GBF aren't going to go away overnight, even internally.  We're
nearing a point where OSIS support is necessary because of content
available in this format, and since we have an implementation of OSIS
support close to ready, it should be completed now rather than waiting and
releasing it in 6-12 months.

I know you're anxious for a new release of Sword, but I don't think it has
even been discussed before your email and I can't think of much than has
been changed since 1.5.5a except for SWBuf and partial OSIS support --
neither of which are finished.

--Chris