[sword-devel] release schedule

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:42:27 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Martin Gruner wrote:

> First of all, I want to congratulate Troy and all who helped to the great
> changes in the lib that SWBuf brought about. This will make sword more stable
> and less memory consuming. Awesome work, guys.
>
> Is there a release schedule for 1.5.6? I already released an unofficial
> snapshot for BibleTime rc1 which I called 1.5.5.99. Imho there are enough
> changes in the lib and api to make a new release necessary.

The current state of cvs isn't anywhere near ready for release.  SWBuf
and the changes to the filters & module drivers to accomodate it haven't
been tested very thoroughly (or at all in some cases).  We also need to
complete filter work for OSIS support since it is about half implemented
and completely untested.

If anyone wants to fix BibleCS in BCB5 so that it will compile again, I'll
resume work on the OSIS filters and do some of the other testing that
needs to occur.

--Chris