[sword-devel] Announcement: Sword will be used within Postnuke!!

Simon sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:53:37 +0100

If you are importing the Sword module into a database, why not simply
use mod2osis, and import the OSIS file? That is much easier. I use that
method, and works very well, only problem is that mod2osis doesn't
export all markuptags..

Currently I am converting all modules to valid OSIS (including all tags
that are ignored by mod2osis)..

Greetz,

Simon

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org
[mailto:sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org] Namens Chris Little
Verzonden: maandag 3 maart 2003 18:05
Aan: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Onderwerp: Re: [sword-devel] Announcement: Sword will be used within
Postnuke!!

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Eduard Wustenveld wrote:

> Just wanted to let you all know that Sword can almost be used in a
> Postnuke/PHP environment, when the postnuke module is finished we will

> be working on a stand-alone module for all websites that want to use a

> Bible. So the API of Sword is not used, only the RAW text files are
> used to get the Bible into a database.

Couldn't you make use of the PHP bindings through SWIG?  That would let
you use all of Sword instead of just a few of the older modules.

Reading RawText files is not a good way to use Sword, especially since
most people who try to do so do it wrong, assuming that RawText data
files
are ordered.

--Chris