[sword-devel] Web Interface - Customization

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 09:18:22 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:

> If someone is able to run a mirror of the Sword web interface on their
> server I would think they would also be able to have write permissions to
> save preferences as well, wouldn't they?.

But, like I stated at some point, they probably will not have permission
to install a DBMS.  And even if they did, it would be much more difficult
for them than simply installing a script.  And even if they could do THAT,
there would still not be a sharing of settings between different hosts
(which may not even be a concern or a desire).

--Chris