[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.6pre5

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:43:40 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Stephen Denne wrote:

> > pre5 is out with 3 new filters to turn different things on and off in
> > OSIS modules, added by Chris.
>
> Should strongs numbers show when they are not associated with words?
>
> As far as I can tell, Mark 1:1 OSIS text is:
> <w src="7" lemma="x-Strongs:G3588" morph="x-Robinson:T-GSM"></w><w src="2"
> lemma="x-Strongs:G3588" morph="x-Robinson:T-GSN"></w><w src="1"
> lemma="x-Strongs:G746" morph="x-Robinson:N-NSF">The beginning</w> ...
>
> With Strong's Numbers on and Morphological Tags on I get:
> 1The beginning <746> (N-NSF) ...
>
> With Strong's Numbers off and Morphological Tags on I get:
> 1 (T-GSM) (T-GSN)The beginning (N-NSF) ...
>
> Does the src attribute refer to the order of the translated words?

I did not think my filters through very much before committing them (nor
did I have an opportunity to test them because BibleCS was broken at the
time).

Right now there are two filters acting on the lemma attribute of <w>
elements: OSISLemma (added yesterday) and OSISStrongs.  OSISStrongs needs
a little tweak to check for "x-Strongs:" in the attribute value, while
OSISLemma should handle all other cases.  I forgot Strong's numbers were
being handled generally as a lemma code.  I'll fix this later tonight if
no one else gets to it first.

--Chris