[sword-devel] New KJV2003 Module available

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:54:50 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> The lastest version of the KJV2003 project has been compiled along with
> our latest OSIS KJV Old Testament, and the results look like they need
> some work.
>
> The module is available at the usual place:
>

> http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?beta=true&tester=true&modType=Bibles
>

> Some facts and observations about the module:
>
> The OT has footnotes from the OSIS OT Text.  Can anyone confirm where
> these footnotes came from and if they are indeed the KJV1769 original
> footnotes?  They seem to display nicely in BibleCS with the new OSIS
> footnote popup support.

I confirm that these are the same footnotes present in the 1611 original
with updated spelling (which I presume means they're identical to those in
the 1769 update).  The <catchWord> portion is not present in the text, but
the note does occur immediately preceding the section it refers to.

> Strongs numbers and morph in the OT don't seem to show up at all.
> Peculiar.  Wonder if they are malformed OSIS tags.

I don't see any problem with the tags.  Hebrew strongs numbers do have a
leading 0 that is incorrect.

> NT does not have footnotes.  Do we have a PD source for correct 1769
> footnotes for the NT?

I haven't found one so far.

Other minor problems with the KJV text that I noticed:

"x-StudyNote" should be "study"
<milestone type="x-p"/> is really bad.  Should be replaced with <milestone
type="line"/> or better yet <p>/</p>

--Chris