[sword-devel] OSIS 1.5

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:26:03 -0700

> Will many, most, all of the Sword Modules eventually become available
> in an OSIS 1.5 form, xml text not binary? If so then all other
> comments below are without need.

We will never switch our main distribution format to a non-binary
format.  We also /probably/ won't make most of our material available in
OSIS format.  But we will have two exporters: mod2osis (already
available) and Diaspora (the next version supports OSIS export).

> I know I can find some of the texts in pre-Sword form on other sites.
> But some of them I haven't found. For example the TSK. I don't see a
> source mentioned in the Sword docs and CCEL doesn't show it. (at least
> not that I've found)

Not all modules come from single documents.  Some come from thousands of
documents on websites.  I don't know where TSK came from, but there are
three websites that have the same content listed as the top three sites
when searching on "Treasure of Scriptural Knowledge".

> Are any of the texts available somewhere in their original ThMl/GBF
> text based forms? Old ISOs or something? The newer the better
> (theoretically) as no need to correct already corrected data.

Aside from the few that come from CCEL or bible.org, no.

--Chris