[sword-devel] OSIS 1.5

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:04:32 -0700

Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> Subject: re: [sword-devel] 1.5.6 todo
> Date: May 28, 2003
> Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> [snip]
> > After last week's meetings, this and many OSIS documents
> > are not valid against the coming OSIS 1.5 spec. :)
> [snip]
>
> Any information available on the OSIS 1.5 spec?
>
> I would like to write an OSIS parser in Squeak but would prefer to
> wait for 1.5 if it is coming soon.
>
> On the BibleTechnologies home page that just recently updated with a
> little information on OSIS 1.5.
>
> Any ideas from people on the inside on when a spec will be available?

The page says it will be released at the UBS meeting at the end of
June.  We're winding down on new issues, so I think release will come
soon--in a week or so perhaps.

I don't know the status of the manual & best practice docs.

> In the mean time I'll write a GBF parser.
> Is there any way I can get a hold of the texts in a pre zcom form?
> ie: like raw text?

Nope.  You can try Diaspora (search crosswire for it) but the released
version is pretty buggy.

--Chris