[sword-devel] Verse parsing

Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:26:51 -0700

Thanks for all the work Martin!

a few things:

1) are you sure you have the latest CVS.  We fixed Rev yesterday in English.
2) I doubt the format of a Bible Book name like: TEXT 1. TEXT will parse
3) I think we could make this parse, and possibly your TEXT ROMNUM book
names, but it will take more time.  And we don't have that for the WWBS
release. (and I doubt you'd want to wait longer to release BT).
The main problem, although it seems like these small tweaks might be
easy, is that there are so many silly AI (if I do say so) rules in the
parser that even small changes (like adding the '.' delimeter for
book.ch.verse) seem to have widespread reprecussions on the other
behaviour, as we have seen recently.

One day we'll rewrite that code and comment all the nuances, Lord
willing, and make it easier to update for the next generation of Bible
software engineers, but not before 1.5.6 :)

	Again, thanks TONS for your help at this time critical moment.
		-Troy.