[sword-devel] Verse parsing

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:53:33 -0700

As Martin said, using '.' as an indicator of an ordinal value is
EXTREMELY common cross-linguistically.

On the other hand, I don't see why OSIS parsing needs to occur in the
same parser.  OSIS references are completely controlled and don't
require the complexity of our general parser.  The occurrence of OSIS
references is also controlled: they only occur within osisRef/osisID
attributes in specific elements of OSIS documents.  Besides that,
without looking at the code, I imagine our parser does not currently
parse the work portion of an osisID/osisRef, which is completely
inappropriate for the verse parser.  So why combine them?

--Chris