[sword-devel] JB2000, Luther 1545, Zürcher 153 1

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:47:05 -0400

Here are some updates:

I just got an email from Russell M. Stendal OKing work for making a module from his Jubilee Bible 2000 translation.  It is basically an English translation based on the work he did with the SEV (Sagradas Escrituras 1569 Version Antigua), compared against the KJV and Tyndale.

Work on the raw text of the Luther 1545 is slow.  Yes, I know we supposedly already have a module for the 1545, but in comparing Bolsinger's text with a facsimile of the Wittenberg printing, the "unrevidierte Luther 1545" is anything but unrevised.  Like I had mailed to the group before, this module will retain the original text of Luther's own work (as opposed to a critical text published around 1582), incorporating Strong's functionality.  If anyone else has a facsimile of the 1545 and would like to help, let me know.

Work on the Zürcher 1531 is going about the same pace.  Lots of work ahead.

But the JB2000 ought to be done pretty quickly, since the raw text is already available electronically.

Any questions about any of the above, let me know.

jth