[sword-devel] Re: accented greek text

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:21:23 +0600 (YEKST)

On 14-Jun-2003 anton wrote:
> Thanks Ross and Simon for your messages
>
> I would love to help make a public domain greek text available, and to do
> it
> 100% legally.
>
> The 2000 edition of the Robinson and Pierpont text, that Ross suggests,
> sounds
> like a great starting point.  Ross I will wait further correspondance
> from
> you as to the next step and viability of this option.

Anton, please, try also find the correspondece between the punctuation you
have and the ancient punctuation signs in the most ancient manuscripts.

I mean that the ancient punctuation signs in manuscripts was different than
the punctuation used in modern (written with modern font etc.) copies of
these manuscripts and in ancient Greek studybooks. I want to have
possibility to reprise the very ancient punctuation.

For example: Is colon (":") in a modern text the same as upper point in the
ancient manuscripts or there are no exact correspondece between these
signs? Try to find this information and note it with yout text copies.

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)