[sword-devel] Sword documentation

Scott A. McClare sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:46:36 -0400

Hi there.  I recently bought an Apple iBook, and
I've been using MacSword on it as my Bible software.

Since I'm relatively new both to Macs and the Sword
Project, there were a number of things I couldn't
figure out, and so when I was looking for user
documentation, I realized there was none.

Being a technical writer by profession and having a
lot of free time over the summer at least, I'd like
to volunteer a few hours a week to do some
documenting.  I work regularly with writing tools
like FrameMaker, Acrobat, and Word and some others
and have a good working knowledge of HTML and style
sheets (I'm also starting to get my feet wet with
XML).  I prefer doing user documentation but don't
mind getting into APIs, howtos, and other
lower-level docs as long as someone can answer
questions for me.

At the moment, my only computer is my iBook, but I
hope to have an upgraded desktop running both
Windoze and Linux in a few weeks.  I should be able
to have Sword running on two or three different
platforms.

Take care,

Scott

--