[sword-devel] Re: Searching other languages

Will Thimbleby sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 10:04:57 +0100

Cheers,

I'm now slightly confused (mostly thanks to Chris ;-), but I've got it
working. One other question to do with encodings; is the locales. The
locale for French seem to be stored in Latin1, but this wouldn't work
for Russian. How do the book names get handled? For instance I use
VerseKey::ParseVerseList, and when I send UTF8 to ParseVerseList some
of the French names for books stop working (ones with accents eg.
Ephésiens). What would I do with Russian book names?

I'll try and understand what Chris wrote, (and then try to ignore it
'till a module doesn't work)

Thanks for all your help, Will