[sword-devel] Sword Atlas

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:27:30 +0600 (YEKST)

On 21-Jul-2003 Rebekah Ayliffe wrote:
> OK, 3 months on, if anyone is still interested, I've put a couple of
> samples
> of my first scan of my old Matthew Henry maps on a web site. The index
> page
> is at: http://www.ayliffe.org/mhenry.htm Be careful the images are very
> large. If you're paying for bandwidth by the minute or the MB, these are
> not
> for you. If anyone is still interested and would care to offer some
> guidelines on how better to format these, then please go ahead. My more

For a beginning have you've tried to convert from your image format to .png
and to .jpeg (not forgetting to turn on maximal compression levels!)

Wouldn't it make image files reasonably small?

Well, this would be only a temporary partial solution. A vector graphics
format is needed.

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)