[sword-devel] Re: taking up a collection

Ross Purdy sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:30:35 -0500

I also sent Sergej money for the Wycliffe and Tyndale New Testament texts
and I received the texts from him. I did not check their accuracy though. I
then sent him money for the CD ROMs of the Early English Bibles he is
advertising on his web site and never recieved them! ALL further
corespondence I sent to him was unanswered. My father in law then inquired
about the CD ROMs and Sergej said to send the money. Then my father in law
asked him why he did not send any CD ROMs to me and Sergej ceased
coresponding with him! I am wondering if Sergej is reliable any more. The
two references he gives on his web site bounce any emails sent to them so
they can't be checked out.

I have the early English Bible texts without the verse numbers and they do
need some editing as there are missing letters every so often. I am willing
to share them for FREE after I convert them to txt files and clean out
headers from the source. Then verse numbers and missing letters will still
have to be added.

In Christ,
Ross Purdy