[sword-devel] Volunteering for Something

Grant Alexander sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:48:34 +1200

Hi,

I am Grant Alexander.  I'm 40+ and live in rural New Zealand.  I'm a committed
Christian and have been a user of various Bible Study software tools for about
15 years.

I used a DOS based tool - On-Line Bible way back and then moved onto Logos,
but have been really impressed by the Sword project.  I have used both GnomeSword
and Sword for Windows.

Although I trained as a forester I now work as an IT professional, managing
and supporting Windows, Citrix and Linux environments.

I have written a User Guide for the company's key forestry/accounting/land management
application (developed in Magic BTW).  The User Guide seems to be fastitidiously
ignored as users generally refer their enquiries to me rather than the User
Guide.

I have a number of resources at my disposal - computer, open source writing
tools (OpenOffice) as well as PDF creator, Windows environment, Linux environment.

I support the philosophy of the Sword project.  I believe the Bible has the
power to change lives and that it should be readily and "freely" available to
all who want to read and study it.

I offer my services to help wherever I can.

Grant Alexander.