[sword-devel] Name of Jesus in Hebrew in UTF8

Avihai.H sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:00:56 +0200

Shalom Simon :o)

> The picture I used, has the same spelling as used in the Restored Names
King
> james version (http://www.eliyah.com/Scripture/), and also used in the
> Brown-Driver-Briggs lexicon, under nr 3091. But, as far as I know, there
are
> 2 ways to spell Jesus, Yeshua and Yahushua. Please do correct me, if I'm
> wrong..

There is only one way to spell the name of the Lord in Hebrwe: Yeshua.
It comes from the root word Ya-Sha / Ye-Sha -->Yeshua - Salvation.
(Matthew 1:21). The name Yehoshua is more likly to be the name of
Moses's servant - Yehoshua Bin Nun. I am not a scholar but
I do speak Hebrew and understand it very well - it's my mother's toungue.

                        :o)
                           Avihai.H

---