[sword-devel] OSIS 1.5 / OSIS Editor

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:56:50 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> 	PS.  I shouldn't tell you this, but there is a tag for supporting stuff
> that you just can't figure out any other way to markup except for a
> display oriented tag-- see <hi>

> > Ow, about markup, as far as I know (the last time I checked is some months
> > ago), OSIS doesn't define tags for markup. So, are there markup tags defined
> > in OSIS v1.5? If not, what tags do you guys advise me to use for markup (you
> > know, for things like: fontsize, bold, italic, that kind of stuff), just the
> > HTML-tags?

Standard values for type on <hi> that we will use for Sword are x-i
(italic), x-b (bold), and x-u (underline).  Font size is definitely not
being handled by us.  Troy's statements stand.  You shouldn't generally
use these, but they are useful in cases when the intent of
bold/italics/underlining is unclear or merely emphasis.

--Chris