[sword-devel] free Windows compiler for SWORD

Joel Mawhorter sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:01:16 -0700

On July 16, 2003 17:39, Chris Little wrote:
> Seriously, the single greatest problem with Sword is probably the
> inordinate ratio of people crying for new features to the number people
> they expect to implement them.

This is easy to say. However, until new developers are able to be integrated
into the development process without an unreasonable amount of effort, this
will remain exactly as it is. If my experience trying to improve the
searching in Sword is representative of what other prospective developers
have had to go through then it is no surprise to me that the Sword
development team is small. Of course it is perfectly within the rights of the
maintainers of a project to keep the development team small. However, if you
do, recognize that a large ratio of people requesting features to people
contributing code is probably a consequence of that decision.

Joel