[sword-devel] PocketPC Development -- _WIN32_WCE #ifdef(s) and other questions

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:12:08 -0700

>>	If the wince compiler is still so non-standard as to not support our
>>ANSI/ISO compliant C++ code, then microsoft, like always, still sucks :)
>

> That's not the problem.  WinCE, while based on Win2000's kernel, doesn't have
> all the Win32 API that Win9x and 2k have.  The API is much smaller; although
> it is possible to write code that works on both.

But we don't have ANY win32 api calls in our engine code.  If the engine
doesn't compile on the wince compiler, than my guess is that the wince
compiler isn't ANSI/ISO compliant.

> Being predominantly a Linux user, I agree 100%.  I do, however, have a
> PocketPC (2000) PDA (Symbol PPT2700), and am doing some software development
> for it.  I _really_ don't like Win32's API! (once having tasted Qt).

I'm looking forward to a PocketPC release as well.  We get so many
requests for it!

	Blessings,
		-Troy.