[sword-devel] free Windows compiler for SWORD

Simon sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:30:32 +0200

> >     Don makes a good point that we want to enable people to easily place
> > their content into our software-- and I agree.
>
> My arguments really have nothing to do with who creates the document
> itself, just how well it is encoded electronically.  I'm not going to
> spend any time writing an HTML/RTF/MS Word to Sword module converter.
> These are the kinds of things most regular users would want to write
> content in and they're completely inappropriate tools that generate
> presentational markup with no document structure.  If someone else feels
> like working on it, enjoy.

Why not add a simple edit function in Sword itself, with just some simple
functions, like font-properties and text-references, something like E-Sword
has. Then users can easily add their own content without all conversion
problems. When all markup is done by Sword, the user can't mesh up the
markup...

Maybe also a good idea to make a link page on the Sword website where users
can add a link to their homepage, where they host their own created content,
then the Sword people don't get blamed when the module is buggy..

Greetz,

Simon