[sword-devel] install from website using installmgr

Dan Adams sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:02:20 -0700

I personally like this feature a lot. Also, I used the part from it that
opens sword and went to Mark 2.5 and it worked perfectly.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org
[mailto:sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Glassey
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 12:54 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: [sword-devel] install from website using installmgr

Hiya,
I guess this is mostly for Chris since it is an idea based on his links to
cause sword to go to a particular passage.

http://www.crosswire.org/~chrislit/testlinks.html

But if anyone else knows how to get this going I think it would be a great
help.

Instead of, or as well as the windows .exe files it would be great if we
could
have a link that would run installmgr (or a command line version of it in
the
background) and install the module without the user having to do anything
more.
IMHO anything that will get more people used to using installmgr rather than

just the website to install modules would be a good thing.

Regards,
Daniel