[sword-devel] sword 1.5.6 outstanding issues

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:07:29 -0700

Just a few small things to finish up 1.5.6:

o    Chris, do you have any idea about Revelation in the ESV not showing
up?  It might be a problem in the data, the osis2mod, or the Engine, (or
something else I may very well haven't thought about).  We should figure
it out before the release, and hopefully before the WWBS guys cut a CD,
which they are in the process of making their master, currently.

o    It sounds like we might have an issue with encipher/decipher
filters and the new SWBuf stuff.  Can anyone else (besides Adrian
Korten) confirm or deny that enciphering a module does, indeed cause a
problem for them.  It's probably of 1 byte problem in some direction,
but would be much easier for me to debug with a text that I could read
:)  (no offense Adrian).

o    We need to test correct results from VerseKey::ParseVerseList, and
VerseKey::setText-- especially for error cases.  I'm hoping to get to
this soon.

o    I'm still moving some functionality from the Windows/Linux
InstallMgr app to the api.  There is a basic command line utility at:
sword/utilities/installmgr.cpp, which will hopefully be a basic tool for
module installation and removal, and be a good example of the calls to
the API for such.  Currently, it can only list and uninstall.  I'm not
planning to hold up the release of 1.5.6 for this work, so when we're
ready, I'll freeze the migration of this code.

If anyone can work on, or provide information regarding these items, it
would be much appreciated right now.  Also, if anyone can think of any
other outstanding issues before release, now's the time to speak up.

	-Troy.

PS.  Jerry and others had some suggestions on the UI for the Windows
tools.  These are valued, not forgotten, and shouldn't have an effect on
the engine release.