language names was Re: [sword-devel] Unicode enabled winsword

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:33:00 -0000

ok, between all the ideas I can remember - how about this for what
goes in modules conf file?:

Compulsory:
name=Name in language of module (Lang) - "unknown" if unknown but
should be investigated to find it out
name_en=Name in English (unless Lang=en, or should it be duplicated?)

Optional:
name_xx=Name in language xx for as many as people want to translate

and add an option in preference for module names
(1)Always English
(2)Always Lang unless "unknown" then it defaults to English
(3)Users language defaulting to English if it isn't already
translated
(4)Users language defaulting to (2) if it isn't already translated

Daniel

On 28 Jan 2003 at 5:52, Steve Tang sent forth the message: