[sword-devel] New filter for red letter words

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:11:52 -0000

On 14 Jan 2003 at 14:49, Chris Little wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
>
> > I just added a new strip filter for red letter words. Works on my side.
>
> This constitutes altering text presentation.  Whenever possible, we do not
> do this or allow this because it is not our right to choose presentation
> of books that we did not author.  We try to (and need to) maintain as
> much as possible of the presentation format of text editions.
>
> We also shouldn't be writing filters and otherwise modifying Sword for
> everyone who comes along declaring that something is unbiblical.  Will you
> also write a filter to convert instances of Lord back to YWHW because it
> is an affront to God that we try to hide his name?  Or better, back to
> Hebrew because it is an affront to God that we should render his name in
> any but His Chosen Language?

ok, I won't suggest it is unbiblical but that I personally find red
letters are a right pain and a distraction. So I think a filter to
give you that option is a good idea. I see nothing wrong in filters
that alter text presentation, like stylesheets. Altering the text
itself is a different matter.

Regards,
Daniel