[sword-devel] Sword v1.5.5a

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 01:29:34 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, David's Mailing List and Spam Receiver wrote:

> On Thursday 09 January 2003 01:10 am, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> > I hope this satisfies everyone.  I realize that the KJV2003 project
> > isn't yet complete and it is unfortunate that we must release it in it's
> > unfinished state.  My hope is to make frequent updated releases of the
> > new KJV module as the project progresses.
>
> How complete is KJV2003 exactly? I mean if I switch from the old KJV with
> strongs to KJV2003 how much will I miss. Also is there a move to put more
> morpholgy tags in KJV2003? It's a pain when I have to go to the Perseus
> Digital Library to look up morphology for a word.

KJV2003 status is visible here:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/kjv2003/status/index.html

I'm not sure how this necessarily helps you with Greek morphology though.
You can get slightly better results than with Perseus already in Sword.
Just switch to the WHNU module (that's equivalent to Perseus' text, but
you could use Byz or TR also) and turn on morphology.  Then open the
Robinson lexicon down below if you need to look up any of the codes.  The
advantage over Perseus is that Perseus doesn't specify which inflected
form is in the text.  In your Phil 4:8 example, it could be any of
nominative, vocative, or accusative according to Perseus, but our WHNU
text identifies it specifically as nominative.

I you want to get fancy, you could set Robinson as your Glossary under the
Special Modules tab in Preferances and just use mouseovers to lookup
morphology.

--Chris