[sword-devel] Collaboration efforts for a front end

Brian Yoon sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 04:11:16 -0600

I brought this thread up because I think it would be a great idea to create
a cross-platform Bible app so we could all benefit from one source (perhaps
using wxWindows - a great cross platform toolkit that maintains native look
and feel) but I don't think I will have the time to invest in it to make it
worthwhile.  My vision would have been to create a Bible study and analysis
software on the scale of BibleWorks that would be as free as possible but I
realize that it couldn't be free with all these copyright wars going on and
the expensive fees associated with things like the NIV, NASB, BAGD Lexicon,
and other commercial works.  I have been especially discouraged by the
stingy attitudes I've heard about in the past slew of emails about sharing
and spreading the word of God.  Unfortunate.  Too bad the attitude seen
about spreading God's word is not to get it out to as many people as
possible so that it would be like Paul saying in Philippians 1 that even out
of good or bad motives at least the gospel is being spread.  Paul rejoiced
even when he was being hurt by the spreading of the gospel because that's
the important thing, eh?  May it continue to go forth without impedence.

P.S. Once again, I recommend people looking into www.wxwindows.org

-Brian